DIY Speaker Kits - Suggestions.

1. Anyone have a suggestion, or more importantly, first-hand experience, for/with high-end DIY Speaker Kits that use high-quality drivers in a floor-standing speaker? Fully-assembled kits?
I'm thinking of Scan-Speak, Seas, Eton, Raven, (other drivers?)-- especially if the kits employ a transmission line bass. (Seas/Thor?)

Hopefully, someone has either made a kit or bought one fully assembled that they believe can compete favorably with more commercially available products.

2. Suggestions for a high-end floor-standing speaker from small companies led by respected audio veterans - owners/designers?
My thought is this: although they may produce an excellent product, the company hasn't made a big splash in the audio industry due to lack of marketing and advertising - or for other legitimate reasons. They usually - but not always - sell direct to the consumer.

I can think of: Source Technologies, Carolina Audio, Reimer, Buggtussel. I'm sure there others that someone can recommend.

Any and all recommendations will be appreciated.
Thank You
sedona
Adaire Audio have some well reviewed loudspeaker kits.
Im going to be ordering a pair of thier KIT-281's here in the next few days.

finally be able to kick my radioshack speakers to the curb.

hahahahha
Sedona, wonderful to meet such a famous person!

My wife and I went hiking and I said, "I would kill for a chair."

Wife says, "Sit there just like everyone else does"
Looking puzzled, she pointed and said, "Sedona Rock."
If you are looking for a place to buy kits, check out www.zalytron.com. I have never dealt with this company, but they have alot of really neat stuff...
1. http://www.northcreekmusic.com

2. http://www.madisound.com

While I'm one of those panel speaker nuts,a friend of mine has a pair of Madisound Cygnets(sic) that are very good for the money.
I would look at www.northcreekmusic.com they have many kits lots of info and will also say Zalytron and madisound . I will be ordering the manifest kit from north creek music early this fall or late summer cant wait . I am looking for someone that has a north creek Manifest speaker or one of the other speaker kits to talk to about the speakers sound ect. . Marc