Are horn speaker colored or more open and dynamic?

I think there are good and bad horns, but that the best are unrivaled by other speakers in terms of dynimics or pace they lend to music reproduction. Other dismiss horns as colored or honky. What is the overall opinion of audiophiles?
tbg
I think it is pretty obvious that the overall opinion of audiophiles leans toward colored and honky. I don't hear either on my Köchel K-300 horns. I love their effortless, transparent quality and now think of other speaker types as constipated by comparison. I am especially fond of the bass definition I get with the Köchel horns.
I love my horns too (Duos) Once properly set up they have provided me with some thrilling moments. I think they are especially good at reproducing the feeling you get from say a smokin' jazz trio onstage. They seem really great with smaller groups and solo stuff, and not as good as reproducing the full scale of an orchestra, but still pretty good. You just can't help but getting into the groove of music through horns. I have 2 other systems, one with stats and one with box speakers and I by far get the most enjoyment out of the horns.
With my SET (single ended triode) amp, the horns sound as open and live as I've heard. My wife says, "You get rid of those Klipsch La Scala's, and you better pack my bag because I'm going with them!"