Von Schweikert VR-4,Jr.

Was anyone else as impressed by these speakers at HE 2004 as I was? I thought their performance was stupendous, and can only wonder what the bigger models sound like.
gladstone
Now, Kal--admittedly they did allow open requests from 4-6 each day. Would be great if you could chime in here, if you were able to do so.

I was stuck in video heaven, and never made it back upstairs!
Of course, I was able to play some of my own selections and that's how I realized that there were tricky room modes at work. On some cuts, they reinforced the bass to a wondrously impressive degree but, on a few, it was overblown and indistinct.

That said, I do not hold that against the speakers (which I did like) but offer it as an observation that there is more going in most demos than the performance of the components.
As I posted several days ago, I thought the VAC / VR-4Jrs were the best sound at the show.

Russ
Can't comment on the show but I bought these. And they are unbeleivable for there size and price point.

Elybry, Just like the manual says, don't make any critical judgements until they have 200 hours on them. These speakers need full break in. Until then they do not sound all that great. After about 100 hours the magic started happening. So you have a lot to look forward to!!
I have owned the VR2 for 9 months now. They are the most enjoyable speaker I have ever owned. I love them. Since I can never get enough of all good things audio, I am upgrading to the VR4jr's. My VR2's needed a minimum 100 hours before they started to sound great as well. Enjoy!