Von Schweikert VR-4,Jr.

Was anyone else as impressed by these speakers at HE 2004 as I was? I thought their performance was stupendous, and can only wonder what the bigger models sound like.
gladstone
Can't comment on the show but I bought these. And they are unbeleivable for there size and price point.

Elybry, Just like the manual says, don't make any critical judgements until they have 200 hours on them. These speakers need full break in. Until then they do not sound all that great. After about 100 hours the magic started happening. So you have a lot to look forward to!!
I have owned the VR2 for 9 months now. They are the most enjoyable speaker I have ever owned. I love them. Since I can never get enough of all good things audio, I am upgrading to the VR4jr's. My VR2's needed a minimum 100 hours before they started to sound great as well. Enjoy!
I just got a loaner pair of the vr-4 jr's. I just sold a pair of piega c-10 ltd and am looking for a new speaker. These little gems are amazing. Great bass and resolution. These are the most musical speakers I have had in my room. At 4k they have to be one of the best deals. These are supposedly an entry level speaker for Von Schweikert. I wonder how good the rest of the line is
These aren't entry level -- he has the vr1 and vr2 which also sound incredible at their price

then of course he has the vr11 I think $100k plus some change

ok compared to that the Utopia is a entry level speaker lol
How do they compare to the Totem Forrests, Innersound Isis, or Magnepan 3.6. All are speakers in the genreal price range ($3,000 to $4,500). I am considering all five of these. Thanks.