Tyler Acoustics & Quad

Does anyone have any knowledge of Tyler Acoustics speakers- I was interested in the Linbrook Floorstanding Reference Monitor and the Freedom line. I have not found much information available. Also, how would these compare to other speakers- the Quad 21/22L in particular. How well would either of these speakers pair with a Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated? Thank you.

jatay81
I bought a pair of the Tyler Reference monitors and was so impressed with their sound not only did I keep them for my den system, I ordered a custom pair of Linwood 3 ways from Ty for my living room system. (I had a height restriction which Ty accomodated.)

I've read good things about the Quads and I'm sure they are good speakers, but I'd be surprised if they are in the same league as the Linwoods. The Linwoods are some of the best quality speakers you'll find without the exotic shaped cabinetry or prices tags associated with some high end speakers.

If you're interested you could order a new pair and test them out. As I remember, Ty lets you return them within 30+ days if you're not satisfied.
Thanks Cdc2.

What speakers would you compare the Tyler sound to? I have listened to Totem, DynAudio, Martin Logan, Thiel & Paradigm.
I just picked up a pair of the Linbrook Floorstanding Reference Monitors from Tyler Acoustics last week and they are a vast improvement over the Snell E.5 MKII's they replaced.

The highs are significantly more extended and airy - but not bright. The midrange - especially on vocals - is outstanding. The lows (while not as deep as the Snells) are tighter, more easily separated and identified (i.e less one-notey) and less boomy.

The Linbrooks also have better imaging and a wider and deeper soundstage (even with less than optimal placement - i.e. about 12" from the back wall in a 20' x 25' x 8' room).

I expect the Linbrooks will only get better as they break in.

I personally preferred the Linbrooks to the Snells, the Paradigm Reference 100's, the Dynaudio Audience 72's and 82's and the B&W 804's, 704's and 703's (which are about the only brands I could audition locally).

I suggest you call Ty Lashbrook at Tyler Acoustics and ask him for recommendations based on your electronics and your room. He is a great guy to deal with and his fair pricing, 20 day return policy, upgrade program and ability to do custom work (multiple veneer finishes to choose from and the ability to choose alternative drivers and/or wiring) are nice bonuses.

The Linbrooks look great too.