Tyler Acoustics & Quad

Does anyone have any knowledge of Tyler Acoustics speakers- I was interested in the Linbrook Floorstanding Reference Monitor and the Freedom line. I have not found much information available. Also, how would these compare to other speakers- the Quad 21/22L in particular. How well would either of these speakers pair with a Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated? Thank you.

jatay81
Maxxc,

I want tower speakers and cannot afford the Taylo 7U or Ref. III (the Ref 3's would be my ideal). I asked about the freedom line because the F-4's look interesting.
There are some used Taylo Ref II at their website for $2550 with warranty. Might want to check them out virtually the same price as the Linbrook floorstanders.
Yes we gotta sort out all Tyler's models.
Not sure why they came out with so many. They should never have incorporated the Scanspeak tweet. Keep is sipmle and sweet. Just use all seas Excel drivers...
Now onto their models.
The 7U's($3200) are MTM, W18+Scanspeak tweet + W18. Much prefer the Millinium tweet. Thats that.
The Ref III($4K+) are a Scanspeak tweet + W18 + W26. Now whaty interests me here is the awesome W26. But still for my classical listening I prefer to have the wider soundstage with the dual W18's in the MTM, and forgo the low end with the W26. Which brings us to the Linbrook Signature bookshelf($3200) MTM, W18 + millinium + W18. They may have that model in a tower cabinet. Thats what i have , MTM towerin the kit from Madisound,the Thor, had a friend solder the wires to the xover, you need a good solder and a friend to help, but its quite simple to follow. Takes 4-6 hours to put together, 2 people. Your call.
Like I say I would love to have the W26 in my system, But as in all things stereo, there is a trade off. If i get the Ref III's , a 3 way, Scanspeak(which i would ask tyler to upgrade to the Millinium) + w18 + W26, I get the extra low end, but sacrifice the wider soundstage with only the W18 as mids. The Solution? Is for me to upgrade my Orch Refer amp to the big Jadis DA60, now there I'll get that extra bass out of the dual w18's. But of course not the beautiful 15-30 hz's. One day I may build a sub with the W26. I'll get the sub amp from Madisound + W26 + an old cabinet.
Please feel free to join in.
Actually, the Scanspeak Revelator Tweeter sounds great with the SEAS W18s. I own both the Taylo Reference Monitors (that use the Revelator and a W18) and the Linbrook Signatures (that use the Millenium and 2 W18s in an MTM design)...

While the Linbrook Signature Monitor clearly gets better bass and throws a wider soundstage (although the Taylos seem to have a taller one), I am not sure yet if I prefer the Millenium to the Revelator. They both are fabulous tweeters, but each has its positives and (to a much lesser degree) negatives. I would describe the Revelator as the more detailed tweeter vs. the Millenium that is just a bit more "natural" sounding. You really can't go wrong with either when paired properly to the W18s. I know Ty uses very different crossover points on the different tweeters.

The bottom line is that Ty makes some fabulous speakers, and quite frankly it is hard to go wrong with any of them in my opinion (although I admittedly have not heard the new freedom line).

Good luck,

---Dave