Merlin Owner's...

What's your favorite color?
128x128tabl10s
I happen to know of someone with used Joule amps for sale ;-) Not a set of OTLs, but I do have my set of demo Heavens Gates (bigger 60W brother of the Stargate) up for sale (now that finally have a set of VZN-100s in the listening room! :) ).

"It's time to put you on the spot. Why are'nt there any T-Shirts available for sale? "

Sounds like a good project for some Merlin owners to colaborate on, :-)
I thought that the HG's were better than the 100's. As for the T's, i don't want to have him P.O. and turn us into BOSE owner's.
I've lived with the Heavensgates (60W single ended tansformer coupled zero neg feedback monoblock amps) for about a year. If you like the fuller and somewhat softer SE sound, the Heavensgates would make you very happy. The VZN-100 OTLs (and this is a several year old pair which have seen some updates - .i.e. not current Joule state of the art) though have a sense of purity that the a transformer output amp can't match. The additional power is nice too as the sound with the VSM-MX's is so pure, clean and uncompressed, it nice to be able to play certain words at more concert hall like levels.
The VZN is quick, detailed, extended, focused, dimensional with take your breath away clarity, transient speed. It has the most complete and organic harmonic envelope I've experienced in 35+ years of this hobby.

One listen with the Merlin's and you "get it" how Bobby built & fine tuned his speaker around this amp. This with VSM M not MX in my rig.

I really cannot imagine going anywhere else after experiencing this combo.