Merlin Owner's...

What's your favorite color?
128x128tabl10s
"FERRARI RED", but I didn't have the balls to order them! Wife sez...So I went with the standard "Piano Black" However, in the final analysis it was the right choice.
Apologies for changing the subject but this thread seems to have the attention of Merlin owners. I am interested in the MX. Has anybody tried them with a Bryston SST series amp? I have a 3BSST.
the speaker is critically damped to rid it of noise and distortion plus is extremely uniform. it is very neutral and likes to be used with ss that is less damped and tube designs.
this means your amp will be much better than older brystons but still wanting in the relaxed and emotionally inviting aspect of sound.
what cables are you using, this may help the combination?
you will be happier with the vsm mm because they are more forgiving but only to a slight degree.
b@m
Baddabob

You are on the right track....look up/search for my and others questions / answers /threads on this forum regarding Merlin speakers....
I use my Merlin VSM-MMs with a Pathos Logos amp and are extremely pleased with the result.A very strong recommendation for Merlin from an end user...!!
You may also consider a Hybrid amp....many good products to choose from....I personally like the Hybrid concept.

Chris

I went with PB (finally), but i'll drop dead if scratches appear. I'm wondering how much cleaner and how hard i should rub to minimize damage to the finish?