Von Schweikert VR4-Jr: Urgent Opinions Needed

Hi All,

I would like to get any comments/opinions on this speaker. I am very interested in purchasing it. It is purely for stereo use, no home theater. Mix of music, ranging from new age (Adiemus, Vangelis), some light classical, light rock (Cranberries), and especially female vocals (Norah, Diana Krall, Katie Melua) etc. I am limited in terms of what is available to me here but I can get a set of these at a very good price. My other option is the Usher Audio CP-6381. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks,
X
xenithon
I was thinking about the JR's until I found out they are made in China, I'm not sure I like that. For what it is worth, that's my opinion....
Hmmm, I am not sure really. I know they are assembled there to reduce costs, but all the component are European/American and it is overseen by VSA representatives. The Usher Audio is completely made in the east and are meant to be one of the most reliable speakers built.

Any other opinions or perhaps comparisons??

Cheers,
X
Instead of buying a Vandtersteen wantabe, why not buy the real thing? There is a reason that Von Schweikert speakers are sold out of garages instead of dealers.
Hi again,

Perhaps re-itterating my mix of music may help. It is mainly new age (Adiemus, Vangelis), some light classical, light rock (Cranberries), and especially female vocals (Norah, Diana Krall, Katie Melua) etc. No blues/heavy jazz, no big ensemble classical, no opera, no heavy rock, no rap. Is either speaker (VR4-Jr or Usher 6381) better suited to this type of music?

Thanks,
X
For Agaffer,

If you think that any Vandy speaker up to and including the 3A signature can hold a candle to most VS offerings, you are living in a dream world.

Disclaimer:

I do not currently own any VS products, but have in the past.

Oz