Is this nuts?

Ok, have had Usher 8871 for about 3 years. LOVE the sound, love the looks. For some reason (audiophilia nervosa, of course) am having the urge to try the VSA VR4Jr, having heard so much about it. It is a considerably smaller speaker than the 8871, and the WAF would be assuaged by that.

But, given the price diff in msrp (4K vs 8+K) would I be trading down? I know I can get some on trial but to be honest it takes me more than 2-3 days to audition new stuff. A lot more.

Another speaker that I have considered is the Gallo Ref 3 but the WAF is totally in the hole on that one.

BTW, I owned Maggie 3.6 before the Ushers. Yep, WAF again.
kck
KcK
Shaman is right. If you have stand your ground. Use'em or lose 'em(nuts that is!).
Time to reprioritize. Forget focusing on new speakers it's all about upgrading the wife. You can choose from a variety of models and specs. including, blonde, tall, brunette, short, raven, curvey, redhead, slender, auburn and even gray if you're into the older editions. Remind the Mrs. there's plenty of product in the marketplace, some of which is faster, sturdier, newer, and more attractive. Take her on a tour of your house and show her each exit and remind her that she's free to use any door she'd like as long as her bags are fully packed.
Dawg
That was good. One day the Wife was running her trap. I told her "I can find another woman the same way that I found you". Once a woman holds intimacy as a bargaining tool, you're through.
Wow you guys is tough fellas. When me grow up me wanna be just like you. Such he-men. I bet you have wimmen chasing you day and night. Poor me stuck with just one, she like me and I like her. Most unfortunate. Maybe I join you happy fellas and get divorced, I hear that real fun.
KcK, I'm a lucky man. My wife came to the relationship without an agenda. Unlike most women, she had no notion of trying to change me to fit some self made ideal of what she thought I should be. Unlike most women, she doesn't nag or complain and try to micro-manage every moment of my life.

I could buy speakers that looked like the leaning tower of Pisa and she'd be A-Ok with it, as long as I was happy. Why? Because my wife is cool!