Best caps for speaker crossover?

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my speaker with better caps in the future. I've looked into several options and I have heard that Auricaps, DynamiCaps, V-caps, and Sonic Caps Platinum are very good. Anyone made comparisons? Thanks.
dracule1
Hi Manga: Very good link. I never heard the Mundorf caps that this man " loved ".

I woul like to know which are the music/sound reproduction priorities that he has and his audio system, because the Sonicaps are better than he say: maybe between 9-9.5. I think that he rated at 8.5 because is a " low price " cap, I don't know for sure.

I know that it is an expensive way to try to tests differents XO caps in our own system but I'm positive sure that if you try with the V-caps you will be extremly " happy " with them, Chris VenHaus of www.v-caps.com is a very nice people and can help to any one of you about. No I'm not a dealer of V-caps and don't have any comercial relationship with V-caps other than like a customer.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Again, thanks all you guys for your input. Rauligruegas, have people tried the V-cap oil impregnated series for XO?
Hi Raul,

Tony Gee's site is one of the more interesting ones on the internet. You can visit his home page at http://home.hetnet.nl/~geenius/index.html

There he offers an extensive array of speaker designs for the DIYer that are very well documented. What's interesting is that he uses almost exclusively series crossovers in his speakers. For many, series crossovers done properly are more coherent/organic than their parallel equivalents but a bit more difficult to dial in, one of the reasons being that they place higher demands on the drivers themselves. Of course as in all things audio opinions will vary. Some commercial companies that use series crossovers include Fried, vmps, Gallo(Ref III), GR Research and Reimer.

In any case, go through the write-ups where he describes his speakers' sonic characters and his design goals for each, to get a feel of what his sonic preferences and priorities are.

As I understand it, Sonic Caps are now in their second generation said to be better sonicaly than their predecessors and they also offer a teflon cap that is allegedly comparable in performance to the V-cap. As for the V-caps the word is that they are an excellent capacitor but as stated elsewhere in this thread their higher price would make them a more suitable application for electronics. Unfortunately I have no direct experience with either of these caps so I cannot offer an opinion.

Cheers.
Dracule, I use the M-Cap Sup. S/Os in my ASL 805DTs as couplers--a 2.7- and a 0.47/1200. I use M-Cap Supremes, a 6.8- and a 0.47/800 in parallel, as a bypass on the final B+ rail for the output stage. I can't tell you exactly how these particular caps sound, as I changed LOTS of stuff in the amps--see http://community.webshots.com/album/287782641gYWTlA for some details and also for the Audio Refinements Pre 5 6-channel preamp in which I've used the S/Os as couplers.

The modified amp, when compared with the stock amp, sounds less gritty/grainy and retains more instrumental- and spacial-decay info. I'm sure some Golden-Eared Audiofile could describe lots more differences, but that's not me!

I had forgotten how much this fellow loved both of the M-Cap Sups. Madisound sells them in the US--http://www.madisound.com/mundorfcaps.html.
Dear Dracule: I use the V-caps in my speakers XO.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.