Apogee Duetta Signature or Mini Grand?

It seems that both of these speakers can be had for around the same price (around $2,000). Any one have experience with both of these models? Which one did you prefer and why? Thanks for your time and assistance.

Mike
dawkimi
The Mini Grand is the Apogee Stage on stands...of course in this case the stands are subs. I have listened to the Stages before but not with their subs or any sub for that matter.

The Stage is a fantastic speaker with one of the best midrange reproductions I've ever heard...the Stage may work in your very small room but I'm not sure about the subs.

The Stage by it's self needs stands of some kind as it is very short. Bass response without it's subs is a very solid 40hz so you may not need or want subs in your room.

The Duetta Signatures (Which I own...see my system pic's) are to large for your room (IMHO) and do not require subs.

My suggestions are only based on room/speaker interface so take them only in this context...both are very good speaker systems when setup properly and used with high quality components.

Dave
Thanks for the response Dave. I am in the process of building a new house which will allow me to use a larger room (approximately 19' x 17') with a vaulted 10' ceiling sloping down to a 5' kneewall on either side (10' high portion is centered in the room and about 8' wide). I have added some good components which I will update in my system page. Take care.

Mike
I had the Stage with no stands or subs & thought it is wonderful on its own. It produces the most natural vocals you will ever hear, but it is not a very revealing speaker. But it is what it is, & does it's own thing with no apologies. It will give you great listening even with modest upstream equipment as long as it lasts. Mine eventually was afflicted with a buzzing woofer (1 channel) that could never be fixed after repeated tries. For $2000, go for it; it may be the greatest bargain in high-end.