Heads Up: ARC is introducing the new SP-20 in Fall

An excerpt from ARCDB web site:

"Tube stereo preamplifier.

"As a result of the ever-increasing demand for a full-function preamplifier with a level of performance substantially above that of the SP17, we are pleased to introduce the striking new SP20 vacuum-tube preamplifier. Influenced by some of our classic groundbreaking SP preamplifiers but with performance that is only achievable by our best LS- and PH-series designs, the SP20 offers inspirational performance combined with real value. ..."

MSRP is $9000 -- a veritable bargain. ;-(
bifwynne
Al and Taters, of course I have no hard data and you may be 100% correct. Just a knee jerk reaction, your estimates seem kinda low. Perhaps some former industry folks might weigh in. I wouldn't expect folks on the manufacturing side to respond. There are limits to one's curiosity.
Awesome.
Another new ARC product that will be discounted 30% on release and sell for 20% of MSRP within 3 years.
A dinosaur manufacturer that hasn't been relevant for 10 years.
Judy, .... I respectfully disagree with just about everything you just posted, especially ARC being a dinosaur manufacturer that has not been relevant for the last 10 years. If I were to counterpoint every one of your contentions, my response would drag on much longer than I have the patience to write. ARC is a respected manufacturer that is consistently pushing the edge of the SOTA envelope with new and innovative products of the highest quality. I think you should retract your post.
Audio Research products are world class and based on the
projected "inspirational performance"standard as
stated by Audio Research, the SP-20 sounds like a real
bargain at $9,000. But even so, before I put any money down
I would like to have it for a weekend on a trial basis
(preferably one that has been broke in) for the purpose of
testing and evaluating. I would also ask myself what other
quality preamplifier could this be compared to and then
weigh the results based on cost versus performance.