It was 20 years ago today. . What was your system?

I've ha a stereo in one way or another since the 70's.

Right now I am listening to an Art Pepper LP I've had more than 20 years so I got thinking, what was my system like 20 years ago.

Here's the snapshot-

Magnepan MG2.6R speakers
Bryston .5b preamp
Bryston 4b amp.
Rega Planar 3 with Linn K9 cartridge
CAL Icon CDP
Onkyo T9090mkII tuner.

I think I had Naim speaker cable and Audioquest IC's.

The only thing I still have from back in the day is my Zerostat (red) and Shure balance beam tracking force guage.

What were you listening through in 1993?
128x128zavato
Frogman, great story! The same thing happened to me. After trying ever more powerful amps to drive my Thiel 3.6's, and being frustrated at the lack of dynamics, I hooked up a rusty bone-stock Dyna ST70, Music!! Of course, I couldn't turn up the volume to ridiculous levels, but I knew immediately that tube amps had.a more natural tonality and more natural micro-dynamics, at least to my ears, and there was no going back.
I had an Acurus 250 amp, like Wolf-garcia, but with the Acurus linestage and P-10 phono stage. Turntable was a Yamaha PF-1000; CDP was a Luxman D-105u; tuner was a Luxman T-02 (which I still use); speakers were ADS L-880II; cabling was all Audioquest. Being an avid Deadhead at the time, I had two Naks at the heart of it, a BX-300 and BX-1.
My gear that I bought in Autumn 1981 was still playing beautiful music in 1993..... Yamaha receiver (forgot the model, but it was their first line with a "digital" AM/FM tuner,) Mission 717 speakers, and a B&O Beogram 3404 turntable with MMC 20 cartridge. In Autumn 1985, I added an original a Sony CD player. Wow, those were the days my friends .....
Garrard 401 with Ortofon
RM 10
Golden tube SE 40
Conrad Johnson PV 10
Vandersteen 2ce
Sound Dynamics 300ti
Marantz CDP

Mostly listened to vinyl, often visited Princeton Record Exchange & Audio Connection. Great memories. What has happened to my beloved Giants.
Correction
1993 TT was Sonographe SG-3 w MMT arm and Sumiko Blue Point special cart. The AR had been loaned to my b-in-law at that point.
Advanced case of CRS, sorry.