What tubes and where to buy them? Conrad Johnson

Hello!

I`m from Brazil but currently I`m doing part of my PhD at University of Florida.

Back in Brazil I have a Conrad Johnson Premier 3 pre amplifier and a MV55 power amplifier.

I need to buy a new set of tubes for both, since it`s very hard to find tubes in Brazil.

The tubes they use are:

Premier 3: 2 12AX7, 5 5751, 2 5965
MV55: 2 12AX7, 2 6SN7, 4 EL34

I would really aprecciate some advice on what tubes I should buy and specially where can I buy trustable audiophile tubes, and not guitar amp tubes. I`m looking for a cost effective option because I won`t be able to spend a huge amount of money with that.

Also, I would like to know what tubes should I start changing if I can`t afford changing it all.

Thank you vety much!
pedrod45
Jim McShane tubes....you can google it - he'll know exactly what you need. BTW, I'm in GNVL too - unfortunately no good place here for choice selected tubes.
Pehare,

Thank you for your response! I`ve sent an email to Jim McShane asking for a quote for the tubes I need. Good to know you`re in GNVL. Right now I`m in Ona, at the Range Cattle Experiment Station of UF doing my research.

Mofimadness,

Thank you for your response. This was my first try, but the quote they sent me was veeery expensive and only included new reissues. I think I can get better quality tubes and better price if I buy NOS tibes in the right place.

Still waiting for more suggestions, including tube brands and what tubes should I roll first.

Thank you all,

Pedro
Also Brent Jesse...
http://www.audiotubes.com/12ax7.htm

On this page he provides info on the various brands and describes their sound. Then click on the various tube types for pricing. He always responds to email questions.
Thank you Lowrider57.

Does anybody know any trustable ebay seller that sells qood quality tubes?