Are Rodgers ls3/5a as good as advertise? & Why

I have a pair (#SO2838A & SO2838B)That i bought from a thrift store years ago, Would like to know the value of the ones that i have & The terms "White Belly","Gold Label" Looking for more insight on the Ls3/5a following, Please Post information regarding these speakers, ...Thanks
booboo3131
Value to you or to the open market? This is a very special speaker when paired with the correct electronics. By that I mean a whole lot of stable current. Pillocks have tried running these with 100wpc Pioneer receivers which become mired in sloppy bass, wretched mdirange and finger nails on chalk board highs.

The speaker is meant only for near field listening. Push it hard and it will compress and break up. Cwlondon is correct in assessement of its now inexplicable market value for its decades old technology. Better can be had, but for now just enjoy an inoffensive little legend which was oft the owner's first foray into the world of audiofiledom.
Nothing like answering a question
about 1800 bucks if they are in very good to great condition must be 15 ohms version.
Fun little speaker! Tube amps only- its 16 ohms. 35 watts is all they handle. But that is all they need too, as you are only supposed to be a few feet from them. Limited bandwidth obviously, but what they do they do well.
Stang500hpaol,

You make a good point, but its so much fun to digress and the question did also ask "as good" and "why".

I would have guessed around $1500 for a 15 Ohm pair but hesitated to appraise given the emotional and cultish aspect to the valuation.

I see cult favorite Audio Research SP11's being offered for $3500-4K cult value but not necessarily selling at that price or mine would be long gone.
Years ago I was deciding between Spica TC-50 or LS3/5A. Stereophile rated the Spicas a bit higher and they were very closely priced. I also preferred the Spicas. Today the Spicas are selling used for $300 tops, so that's where I also value the used LS3/5A.