tube buffers

tube buffers ,do they work,is the soundstage deeper,a smoother sound, or just wasting money and adding more cable, I have all solid state equipment? PS AUDIO PWD&PWT ,EMOTIVA PRE. XSP-1 AND WYRED4-SX1000 MON"S
smokenjo
Agree with the idea to get a good quality tube preamp in place of SS pre + tube buffer in the chain approach.
Charles,
Wasting money. Over the years tried a couple and did nothing to improve the sound. If you are looking for a tube sound then buy a tube preamp. A buffer will not do it.
Alan
I'm in the school of "clean signal into lightly greasy tube power amp", and even with a modest DAC it sounds sweet and doesn't lack in detail. So clearly the answer is to be like me...old and crotchety.
If I had to generalize, your electronics are known for more of a "clean/detailed/dry" presentation rather than one that is "full/round/warm". If the latter is the sound that you prefer, then I would look at replacing one or more items in your electronics chain to achieve that goal, rather than adding something additional.

Michael
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS, MY SYSTEM IS LIKE MICHAEL HAD SAID, CLEAN-DETAILED, THAT"S WITH WELL RECORDED CD"S BUT WITH OLDER CD"S HIGHS ARE SOME WHAT HARSH,MY THOUGHTS WERE TO ADD A TUBE BUFFER,TO HELP WITH THAT HARSHNESS,A GOOD TUBE PREAMP OR AMP IS GOING TO COST ABOUT $3000.TO $4000.