Replace Amp or Preamp?

First let me start by saying that im very satisfied with my budget system which currently consist of:
Electron Kinetics Eagle 400 mono blocks
Mcintosh CR10 zone control preamp
Theata data basic/Theata data universal 3 transport
Dunlavy SC4 speakers

I do notice that on some difficult passages I get a little jumble in the music not enough to make me disatisfied but I do notice it from time to time. I have been told by some that the weak point is the CR10 seeing how it is not a true preamp but more of a zone controler. Ive had one person blame it my amps saying that they were good bass amps but thats about all. To each his own but I love the amps as I find them warm and musical.
I have looked at couple preamps but not sure what direction to go thus far im looking at the following:

Audio Experience Symphonies tube preamp
Theata Theta Casablanca

Ive looked at several older Mac preamps but can not bring my self to pay more for a piece of equipment than it cost brand new.

Any suggetions on the 2 preamps mentioned above would be great or any others in the $300 to $500 range that are currently avaliable would be great. For those that think I should be looking at amps as the weak point what do you think of the emotiva XPA-1 amps or any recomendations in the $1000 range?

Thanks
2channeljunkie
2channeljunkie
Mik971 the monoblock amps drive the Dunlavy's very well and easy. Anyone have any thoughts on any preamps currently on audiogon? I've been looking at a Proceed pre preamp and the two I mentioned above. Or any others on Audiogon?
I like the Quicksilver at that price. Lp Gear has a demo for sale at $900. Can be had used around $600 from time to time. I used one with a Carver amp, and liked it a lot.
A used Quicksilver would be excellent and a major step up to higher level musicality and natural sound. They are very well built and exceptionally reliable. Good call Acman3.
Charles,
A few years ago I owned the Proceed Pre you ask about and was not impressed with it. Can't recall much about it other than being unimpressed.
There are not a lot of preamps listed in your price range, and none of the SS pres in the <$500 range look interesting. There are a couple of tube pres that are interesting though. The Decware preamp listed looks good and is located in Columbus. You might be able to listen to it before purchasing. The other tubed pre under $500 is the Dared. It has been favorably reviewed. Either of these pres are worth investigating to make sure they are compatible with your amp.
I have no experience with any of your gear so take this FWIW.