Pre-Amp for Class D Amp

My brother use a pair Bel Canto 1000M(500W@8 ohm) class D power amp to drive a pair B&W 802D speakers. He is happy with the 1000M. The pre-amp is a Bel Canto Pre3VB. He want to improve sound. Is there any suggestion a better pre-amp to match 1000M? Thanks.
jxzw
Class D amps are not nearly as sterile and cold sounding as they were back in 2005. Those days are gone with the recent major advancements in Class D technology. So its absurd that Class D works best nowadays with tube Preamps. Redundant.
You don't need a tube Preamp with the best of Class D. Here are the best solid state Preamps at $4K and under that will get you the full organic character your seeking. 1. The Hegel P-20 at $ 2900.00. 2. The new just released Cambridge Audio Azur
851E Preamp at $ 1850.00. 3. The Wyred 4 Sound level 2 STP-SE Preamp upgrade by EJ at $3749.00. And currently the best solid state budget Preamp on the market at $1000.00 is the just released Emotiva XSP-1 Gen 2.
Stunning board work and construction for the price.
Response34,
A modest correction, 3 volts amplifier input sensitivity would be considered "low" not high sensitivity. The lower the volts= "higher" sensitivity. An amplifier with .5volts is more sensitive than an amp with 2 volt input sensitivity for example.
Charles,
I bought and built with some Abletec modules. I use them with great success with a Coda CL Preamp.
Tim
Your are correct Charles1. It was not written correctly. Thanks for clearing that up.
Bel Canto dealer here...

I have had great luck with matching up Cary SLP98's or 05's with the BC 500m's and 1000m's. Really nice match.

Rogue Hera/Athena also do well with them.

Cary, Rogue, Bel Canto dealer disclaimer***