Counterpoint, Modwright, Aesthetix sound?

Hello folks,

How does the Counterpoint SA-5.1 perform in comparisson with the Aesthetix Calypso and Modwright 9.0 SWL Se?

I believe the Counterpoint 5.1 may still be the top?

Stefan
stefanovitch
There were some issues with parts supplies with Counterpoint. Sadly, such events turned people off and that's understandable. But these were later resolved, and Michael Elliot continued on with the evolution of the 5.x into legendary performance products like the SA-11/9, the Elliot series and finally the Aria WV5 which I own and is so incredibly refined throughout. If you can find a good deal on an SA-5, go for it. if it has lasted this long, it is a keeper.
Counterpoint just blew up right when I was looking. That's why I went with Quicksilver silver monos with a full service Quick pre amp. It has been bulletproof (selling all as you know), but I was going to get Jadis within a year or two back in the day and it never happened, but kids did, lol. I personally loved the Jadis stuff back then much better, but for the cost Counterpoint was great stuff. I didn't really keep up with Elliot's newer stuff as dealers were scared off. thanks for the story.
No, the 5.1 that I bought smoked from the main preamp itself and not from the external power supply. I also had a friend whose SA-11 literally burst into flames!
We've all seen the Counterpoint breakdown. It's what they were known for. Great sounding. Did they ever figure out the problems with them? Really too bad. I wonder where they would be today if that never happened.
I am interessted What was the reason?

I suspect a voltage regulator o a cap did blow due to age reasons.

What was the reason?