High End Audio-Gaining Higher Ground?

This is a spin off from a meeting held by audio designers where the primary discussion was about high-end audio and how to get the younger generation interested & involved in high-end audio. One of the speakers mentioned that his son was not the least bit interested in his rig and if something was to happen to him, his son stated it all would be put up for sale on Ebay.

I thought it would be interesting to put this discussion forth to this audio community and to get opinions on the above subject. Are audiophiles a dying breed and what could rekindle this hobby for all new generations.
phd
Wwchange- I meant that if we're interested in bringing the kids along then WE have to pay for it! A small sacrifice considering the up-side IMO.
Hazyj, not to worry, things are picking up and the economy is moving right along. According to Obama, in the event the Federal Government runs out of money they will just print up alot more, they have done it before. Our kids will do just fine!
In regards to my statement above, I can't understand why my checking account is out of funds when I still have alot more checks left to write.
"09-26-14: Phd
In regards to my statement above, I can't understand why my checking account is out of funds when I still have alot more checks left to write."

You need to write your checks all at once. That will allow you to use them all because the balance in your account won't catch up in time to declare nsf.