Buiding listening room from scratch - need advice

I am finally in a position to build a dedicated listening room in a new addition we are building onto our home. It will be in the basement and the room will be about 12' x 18'; not huge but the most space due to some limitations. I plan to hire Rives to consult on the design of the actual space. What I am looking for is recommendations on equipment. This will be a two channel setup with a turntable, cd player and ability to play computer audio. I am looking for a new amplifier, preamp, speakers and interconnects. I will probably have about $25k to $30K to spend on equipment depending on how the rest of the renovation goes. I have listened to a few setups with Moon electronics and B&W and Sonus Faber speakers. I actually preferred the Sonus Fabers over the 802Ds even though they had a $75K stack of equipment powering them versus the Sonus Fabers that had $20K stack. Lastly, I am intrigued by Wilson Audio Sashas and Lamm hybrid amps that I have read about on Audiogon - never heard them. Okay, that is the background, please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance!
128x128mmporsche
You ask in my opinion a difficult question because there is such a huge number of manufactures and brands available. I believe you should stay with equipment in your general area that you can actually listen to, so that you will know how it sounds, and if you like it.
If you want to buy new as you stated I think your funding will quickly disappear.
You also need to determine if you want solid state or tube equipment.
Start with a decision on speakers, then you will have an idea what your needs will be for an amp or integrated amp, preamp, CDP, interconnects and speaker cables etc.
Sounds like fun, good luck on your journey.
I recommend reading Premium Home Theater by Earl Geddes before contacting Rives. At the very least you'll go into the project with a good working knowledge of the theory and what options you have, and after reading the book you -- like me -- may even decide you can skip Rives and just find a good reputable contractor. I'm no handyman by any stretch, but the book does such a thorough yet totally approachable job of giving instructions and product recommendations that it should be relatively easy for anyone with construction skills. And obviously you'll have a good bit of extra dough to drop on better equipment to boot. Best of luck with your exciting project.
Proper acoustic design is a very good place to begin, I'd like to put a plug in for Jeff Hedback at HD Acoustics I have had the pleasure of being in rooms designed by Jeff.

Best of luck

Peter