which preamp

thinking of buying a tube preamp,have it down to,
AUDIO HORIZONS balanced with full mods or TRL DUDE balanced I only play CDs with PS AUDIO new DSD , DSD direct to wyred4s SX1000 monos, dose anyone have these preamps and what are your opinions ? which way to go !!!!
smokenjo
Zd542,

I agree about listening to a preamp before buying it. But it is not just a matter of tube products and risk. If you don't roll the right tubes in the preamp you may think you have a dud where you may actually have a jewel -- if you only knew.
SABAI,I have PS AUDIO DSD dac, great detail I am sure you will love it,what amp do you have, my are wyred4 sx1000 mono"s which AUDIO HORIZONS preamp TP 2.3 the dsd has balanced and single ended outputs
"I agree about listening to a preamp before buying it. But it is not just a matter of tube products and risk. If you don't roll the right tubes in the preamp you may think you have a dud where you may actually have a jewel -- if you only knew.
Sabai (Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

While its possible that something like that can happen, I don't see why a demo would be any less important. Also, most people don't roll tubes, and its highly unlikely that you'll demo a new tube product at an authorized dealer with anything other than stock tubes in it.
Rough buying a tube pre unless you have a tube tester.
On and off swaping of 8 tubes to find the one that has developed a hisssssss is hard on your system and YOUR system.
I have a fully balanced TRL Dude and am extremely happy with it. Paul Weitzel is a telephone call away (like last night, Sunday) if you have a problem/question. I have had some great preamps: ML 32, Atma-Sphere MP-1, Aesthetix Calypso, EAR 868, C-J 14, 16 LS and so far it is my favorite, just because it does everything so well. Havent heard the Audio Horizons, though.