Speaker's magnetic field and pacemaker

I've never got a satisfactory answer to this question over the years. Perhaps there's someone here with experience or knowledge-

Pacemakers and strong magnetic fields don't mix. IE, no MRIs, magnetometers, etc. Do speakers with large magnets, typically in the woofer, present a practical problem for someone with either a pacemaker or an AICD?

Thanks-
128x128zavato
Actually even a not treated compass could give you some idea of the magnetic field around your speakers. If the compass hardly moves when you are near your speakers, then you will know they are safe.
I agree with one half of what Albert just posted. I don't know squat about magnetic fields and pacemakers. But I agree that some of the album pics of my favorite lady artists make my heart skip, like Linda Ronstadt's pic on Living in the USA. Linda's wearing shorty-short roller skating shorts. What a babe in the day and a truly versatile artist to boot.
I don't thik that anyone with pacemaker would go as extream as leaning against woofer. 2' away is safe.
consider placement of your rig at the safe distance from speakers or start playing music quiet and than adjust with volume control
In the Emergency Department, we use magnets to temporarily turn off pacemakers to see what the patient's native heartbeat is doing. Only briefly, of course. The magnet has to be held directly over the pacemaker. So, keep the pacemaker at least a foot away from the large magnet. This advice does not apply to internal defibrillator-pacemakers.
I have an implanted defibrillator/pacemaker, and do a lot of stupid things. I carried my Mirage 12" subwoofer upstairs and didn't think about that big magnet in the cabinet pressed against my chest. But no worries. It didn't turn it off. :-)

Mot