Speaker's magnetic field and pacemaker

I've never got a satisfactory answer to this question over the years. Perhaps there's someone here with experience or knowledge-

Pacemakers and strong magnetic fields don't mix. IE, no MRIs, magnetometers, etc. Do speakers with large magnets, typically in the woofer, present a practical problem for someone with either a pacemaker or an AICD?

Thanks-
128x128zavato
In the Emergency Department, we use magnets to temporarily turn off pacemakers to see what the patient's native heartbeat is doing. Only briefly, of course. The magnet has to be held directly over the pacemaker. So, keep the pacemaker at least a foot away from the large magnet. This advice does not apply to internal defibrillator-pacemakers.
I have an implanted defibrillator/pacemaker, and do a lot of stupid things. I carried my Mirage 12" subwoofer upstairs and didn't think about that big magnet in the cabinet pressed against my chest. But no worries. It didn't turn it off. :-)

Mot
Sorry if my Q is off topic, but it's kind of related. I have a 48" Panasonic plasma TV which has extremely strong magnets in it -- I think near the bottom of the screen for sure. Could be elsewhere too.

The TV sit on top of an entertainment cabinet which also houses my CDP and linestage -- all being tube pieces. The CDP sits on a shelf about 12" to 15" below the TV. The linestage is on a lower shelf about 24" below 20" below the TV.

Until I read this thread, it never occurred to me that magnetic fields could affect electrical devices like pacemakers, but it makes perfect sense. So ... how about my CDP and linestage. Too close for comfort??

Thanks and sorry for the hijack.
Tgrisham, what's your advise for AICD's

That's the one really of particular interest to me-

Me and Medtronic, like Peanut Butter and Jelly-
Zavato- My experience with AICDs is that each manufacturer has a different design. In some, the magnet will turn off the defibrillator part, in some the pacer part, some will reset the programmed settings, in some nothing at all. It generally takes a powerful magnet very close to the device. Anything greater than 18 inches would require a very strong magnet, more than what you would normally be exposed to. The best device is to call the manufacturer and also talk to your Cardiologist/Electrophysiologist to ask. They may or may not know since it is an uncommon question but it all will depend on the specific device, model and maybe even serial number of the device. Most have an alarm that is audible through the skin that alerts if the defibrillator is de-activated. Best to stay at least 18 inches or further away. It will not trigger a shock but may turn off the defibrillator until the device is reset by a technician/programmer.