New speakers for an old receiver

Just picked up a Marantz 2220 receiver with Technics SL-D202 turntable and now looking for a pair of modern speakers, but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
lizard3579
I am using a Marantz 2216B receiver with Omega Super T . The source is a Magnavox 630 cd player, which I owned 20+ years ago and was able to score a NOS one on eBay.

The Omegas are high efficiency and easy to drive. The Omegas strong suit is vocals and acoustic music, but I was also pleasantly surprised with how well classic rock from the 60's and 70's sounds, as well. Check out the Omega forum for more feedback.

Rich
Once owned the 2218B and agree it had a warmer sound. Therefore, I personally would match it up w/an efficient and neutrel sounding loudspeaker. I have a gut feeling the KEF C300 would make a very good pairing. I'd bring the receiver in to an audio store and have them hook it up and see how the different spks. sound. Paradigm would probably make an exc. pairing as well. Not heard their newest series but I would go and cheek them out. Exc. choices posted. You should have a wonderful sounding system in the end! Bill
Paradigm if you listen to rock, as Mapman says Triangles are great on acoustic music as are smaller KEF .
Yea, I guess what I am trying to say about the Triangles is that they are very fast, transparent and neutral sounding and do what they do extremely well. They would certainly allow the inherent sound of the vintage Marantz to shine through. What they (small Titus model specifically) will not do, is much below 50hz or so. A very nice match to any 20 watt SS receiver. I have a spare yamaha 20 watt receiver that I have used them with and gotten very good results. I think the somewhat warmer sounding Marantz would be even better.
BIC America makes some hi efficiency horn loaded speakers at very attractive prices on places like Amazon. Seem to get good reviews from users. Have not heard but would like to in order to assess the value.

I wonder if anyone has heard these and compared to comparable others, like modern Klipsch, JBL or others that use horns for efficiency at lower price points maybe? How bad could they be, really, especially if lots of normal people if not "audiophiles" seem to like them? All these companies have been around in one form or another for a long time and surely have had ample time to design good performing products for very modest cost.