New speakers for an old receiver

Just picked up a Marantz 2220 receiver with Technics SL-D202 turntable and now looking for a pair of modern speakers, but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
lizard3579
Paradigm if you listen to rock, as Mapman says Triangles are great on acoustic music as are smaller KEF .
Yea, I guess what I am trying to say about the Triangles is that they are very fast, transparent and neutral sounding and do what they do extremely well. They would certainly allow the inherent sound of the vintage Marantz to shine through. What they (small Titus model specifically) will not do, is much below 50hz or so. A very nice match to any 20 watt SS receiver. I have a spare yamaha 20 watt receiver that I have used them with and gotten very good results. I think the somewhat warmer sounding Marantz would be even better.
BIC America makes some hi efficiency horn loaded speakers at very attractive prices on places like Amazon. Seem to get good reviews from users. Have not heard but would like to in order to assess the value.

I wonder if anyone has heard these and compared to comparable others, like modern Klipsch, JBL or others that use horns for efficiency at lower price points maybe? How bad could they be, really, especially if lots of normal people if not "audiophiles" seem to like them? All these companies have been around in one form or another for a long time and surely have had ample time to design good performing products for very modest cost.
I don't know your budget, but it seems that Tekton Lores ($1K) or Mini-Lores ($650) would be a good match. The Lores' sensitivity is 98dB with bass down into the 30's. That should maximize your available power. The Mini-Lores' sensitivity is a claimed 95 dB, which would also get plenty loud on 20 wpc.

An 8" or 10" ported woofer should be pretty representative of the load your receiver would have driven back in the day.