To Vandersteen or not to Vandersteen

So. I'm thinking of floorstanders and though I've never heard Vandersteen's in the flesh, they seem to be calling me if I do decide to make the switch from my Reference 3A de Capo's.

Anyone want to sound off on Vans? The Sig 3A? The 2? Any recommendations?

Thank you. And please - no admonishments about buying speakers unheard. Both the Reference 3A's and the Triangles before I bought unheard and were delighted with both. I trust reviews and word-of-mouth.
128x128simao
I have owned both the 3's and the 2's. I liked the 2's much better,I could never get the 3's to sound right in my listening room! Placement is very critical with Vandy's! If possible see if the dealer will lend you a pair for a home trial!
Have heard the 2 and 3 many times and they lack the resolution and jump factor(previously stated)needed to duplicate live music or the nuances of a great recording. IMO the smaller Vandy's play it to safe. Give me the aggravation of synergy with the Thiel 2.3/4-ATC 40 or a Magnepan 1.7 where affordable near SOTA sound is possible!
You all have been quite helpful. Thanks for the feedback. And as a former Maggie 3.6R owner, I'm always seduced by the big planars; maybe one day I'll go back to them.
I think it would be a bit of a sideways step with the Decapo being a bit more neutral and the Vandy having a bit more low bass