New Thiel Speakers - Post Jim Thiel Era

I see that Thiel has a couple of new speakers coming out. Are these speakers a new Jim Thiel-less speakers? Anyone know how these sound?
TT3 and TM3.
mm23red
Onhwy61 is spot on. When Jim died the business did also. I could smell it with the new owners press release, it was the typical form letter.

These people are not passionate entrepreneurs which is what the high end is about rather opportunist with the desire to place a big bet on the aforementioned to become big box.

Capitalism, it's our own fault it spins the world. Oh well, another one bites the dust.
I didn't much care for PSB speakers when they wore their own label. What a disappointing disgrace.
However I guess in the end if it does end up sounding amazing it won't matter. But we won't know until someone gets one.
Agree!

Why bother buying the Thiel name?
How about buy based on quality of the product?

I predict they'll be filing for bankruptcy in no time.
Should if they produce products nobody wants.

I am afraid that the new group bought the brand, but will have a very hard time keeping its customers.
Maybe they will attract new customers or existing customers that base purchasing decisions on product quality and not company name.

These people are not passionate entrepreneurs which is what the high end is about rather opportunist with the desire to place a big bet on the aforementioned to become big box.
Is it possible these companies go bankrupt are too PASSIONATE audiophiles and NOT good businessmen?

Capitalism, it's our own fault it spins the world. Oh well, another one bites the dust.
What's your alternative Karl?
01-14-14: Knghifi

"Is it possible these companies go bankrupt are too PASSIONATE audiophiles and NOT good businessmen?"

Oh positively in some cases, and there isn't much heritage built into an industry that relies so heavily on innovation. That makes change from a new investor inevitable. Take it a step further - thats where hedge fund firms come in to play - muscle in and make a change...or else!

"What's your alternative Karl?"

LOL - take my salary from my capitalist corporation and buy another brand.

Good post Knghifi and you are right - hope the cliche "they don't make em like they used to" doesn't apply to the ole Thiel brand!
Good reasoning Knghifi, capitalism is what made it possible to for these
talented entrepreneurs to grow an idea and cultivate and grow successfully
in the first place. So we abolished capitalism and then what, audio
components by government decree? I'll pass. If a consumer doesn't want
these products, the company fails. If they're deemed worthy of purchase
and the consumers are satisfied the company will survive and possibly
flourish. This is the power of choice to say yes or no that capitalism
provides. This is far superior to being told what we can or can't purchase
and limits on how we choose to spend our money.
Charles,