Bi-wire: is it worth it?

I am about to buy a sweet set of used martin logan stats. They have four terminals, and can be bi-wired. Someone has suggested I should bi-wire them. However, this would come at an additional cost, as I would have to buy new speaker cables. Does bi-wiring make a noticeable difference?
elegal
As a general question, who knows? But the question was very specific. This question should be answered by experienced Martin Logan owners. I would also contact Martin Logan for their opinion on the subject. Did they install two terminals because they thought it sounded better or just to keep up with the Joneses? In the end though, trial and error would probably give the best answer.

I would also be interested in the "3/5 configuration", as I have a friend that uses 8TC, and he always wants to try something different. I assume it means to separate the 8 conductors of each positive and negative leg into 3 and 5 rather than 4 and 4, and then use 5 for the bass and 3 for the treble.

BTW, Bifwynne, did you have any thoughts on my suggestion on how to eliminate bi-wire in your setup?
Tls49 ... yes I have thinking about doing just what you said, which is to use heavy gauge wire to act as a "hot-wire" jumper between the 2 sets of terminals. If it sounds better, I'll take it another step further -- maybe buy quality jumpers and single terminal speaker cables. Or, I could just buy jumpers with spade-ends and live with my bi-wire cables.
Elegal, you also need to add shotgun where you use 2 single runs for bi-wiring so 2x price of SCs.

From my experience, it all depends on the speaker and SC so you gotta try for yourself. In my current system, shotgun is definitely WORTH IT!