Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Thanks Wisnon for clarifying. Yes, the Aeris is a server in that it has its own native control software to access, manage and organize the music files. To me, that is the defining characteristic of a server (no matter if the files are stored internally or remotely on the net).

The units I listed all have native control software. They are all servers.

Steve's net access solution is exceptional, but does not incorporate any control software. It's a high quality audiophile solution alternative to USB, spdif or aes as I understand it. Steve, please correct me if I'm wrong.

As I said, the Aeris is revolutionary. First affordable unit of its kind.

Keep us updated Wisnon.
Audiolabyrinth - don't both LUMIN (to your exact needs) and Divialet (complete, including an amp) both give you exactly that?

Do they make an ampless Divialet?
Matt,

A-L wants the Lumin with ANALOG volume control.

I agree that Devialet with AIR streaming built in is the most "one box" solution out there as it even has power amps at the end. Streamer/Dac/Integrated amp all in one box. Very attractive bling box too.

Matt, what no Laufer teknik MEMORY Player?
http://www.thememoryplayer.net/
Hi Matt, It took me two year's and $4,000.00 to modd a Krell 700cx, I know it's old, but my amp is new inside and out, and modded, so no, I do not need that kind of one box solution that includes and amplifier.
I am tired of cd's in general, all the skipping etc.., etc..., unlike most here, I am tring to build to the best standard I can afford, and then ride off into the sunset, I have a way's to go, I have to get better speaker's, the streamer I want, and a few this and that.