Recommend me Bookshelf for Office

Hi all,

As some of you may know I am selling of my Danley setup and moving my office theatre. I am currently looking for book shelf speakers and possibly run them with a small subwoofer.

The Amplifier will be a Quested AP750. Which is 750 watts into 4obms and 475 watts into 8 ohms. This is a studio amplifier made by a British company.

I am looking for New or Used, Budget approx. 2000 dollars could push it if its justifiable.

Kef LS50
Selah Audio Tempesta
Kef R300
ascend acoustics

Or any other, Bass under 50hz is not an issue as im going to integrate them with a SVS Sealed subwoofer.

This system will be for my office. possibly near my desktop.
dragon_vibe
I"ve never heard a sub integrate properly with a speaker that doesn't go into the 30's. It's almost impossible to do so if you look at the basic physics of it all. Spoke to Richard Vandersteen about this a few months ago and he did a paper on this subject and agrees. This is one reason he won't make a satellite/sub system. Just be careful about it. Will you use stands? If so, you could do a floorstander with a narrow footprint.
That's significant power for an office system.

Much would depend on how close you will be to the speakers.

If you are looking for something on the desktop and your listening distance is less than 5 feet, something like a powered monitoring system like the Genelec or similar may work best.

Across the room and passive, the KEF LS50 or the new Sierra 2 would be a good start. You may not have thought about it, but what type of sound do you like from the midrange? A metal cone sounds different than paper. I prefer paper generally; sounds more 'alive' to me.
I use a pair of Ascend Sierra-1's on stands in my office with a Rega Brio-R. More than enough power for an office. You can use their q-plugs to control bass if needed.
To add to the mix ... I was looking to do my office and was considering both the Ascend and LSA as well, but instead went with an active pair: Adam F7 ($898 at Sweetwater and Guitar Center). This relieved me from purchasing additional gear such as an integrated amp. These are rated down to low 40's though I've been satisfied enough thus far to not employ a sub (although Adam makes one just for the F7 monitors which I might try at some point in the future, or not).

These are not your average el-cheapo stuido-type monitors. The sound quality is excellent for music enjoyment, especially with their ART tweeters. Superb.