What's wrong with my almost new speakers?

I purchased a pair of new speakers less than 2 yrs ago. They sounded just fine to begin with, but within 1 year they became "irratating" after a short listen. I have purchased new speakers since then from Focal and Harbeth, and both of these pairs sound wonderful. What's wrong with the speakers from 2 yrs ago? Bad crossovers? Bad drivers?
We do not listen to music at loud levels.
128x128mc240
After getting the new speakers, you finally realized that the first pair of speakers weren't really that good to begin with.
"03-01-14: Timrhu

It pays NOT to specify the name of the component you're having trouble with.

I asked for help/advice about a Sony 5400ES player that was truncating the first half-second of music at startup.
When I went to sell, someone made a firm offer then reneged when he found my post.

So, due to the BOZO factor, I don't include the component name anymore.
Dweller

So, which is worse? Getting useful information about your problem, or bunch of wise-ass comments."

I think that one was a special case. At no time was there ever a problem with the player. Its those damn owners manuals.
Another reason someone might be reluctant to specify the product in question is that, regardless of the eventual outcome, it can create a negative impression for the manufacturer. It's fair to ask the OP's question without specifying the brand. Not ideal, but not worthy of all the sarcasm you guys have heaped on him.
Seriously Drubin?

The sarcasm has nothing to do with the brand being mentioned or not. The
question is ridiculously vague and unanswerable.
It is a vague question. Answering vaguely, sometimes we are attracted to a piece of equipment because it does one thing so well that it immediately grabs our attention. Over time, we discover that the one strength masks shortcomings that, in the long run, prove to be annoying and ultimately make us want to stop listening. I doubt that the problem is in the crossovers and the drivers, unless their design was flawed to begin with.