What's wrong with my almost new speakers?

I purchased a pair of new speakers less than 2 yrs ago. They sounded just fine to begin with, but within 1 year they became "irratating" after a short listen. I have purchased new speakers since then from Focal and Harbeth, and both of these pairs sound wonderful. What's wrong with the speakers from 2 yrs ago? Bad crossovers? Bad drivers?
We do not listen to music at loud levels.
128x128mc240
"03-01-14: Drubin
I don't want to make a big deal about this. I get that it's vague and hope the OP will circle back and provide some more detail, if he's survived the beating y'all have given him. Re: the car trouble comparison, I could ask what would cause my car to lose power and you could suggest some things without having to know what kind of car it is. That's all I was trying to suggest."

I really don't see how anyone here is giving the OP a beating. But in all fairness, I don't see how anyone is giving him any useful info either. Your car example about losing power is very good. I may suggest your power loss may be due to the valve body in your transmission going bad. But you may have an manual transmission and not an automatic. I could also say that maybe the problem is in the ignition system. Wouldn't apply if you have a diesel. Maybe the wastegate is not functioning properly. Unless you have a turbo, there is no wastegate. I can keep going on all day, but you get the idea,

"What's wrong with the speakers from 2 yrs ago? Bad crossovers? Bad drivers?"

How on earth is someone supposed to figure something like that out if you don't even know what kind of crossover and drivers you are talking about?
I agree completely with all of those whose responses have been prompted by the uninformative nature of the original post. Nevertheless, I'll describe two possible explanations that occur to me, although neither of them stands much chance of being correct considering that a zillion or so other explanations could also be hypothesized.

Theory 1: Many Focal and Harbeth speakers have considerably higher impedances in much of the treble region compared to much of the bass region. Perhaps the unnamed speakers have a flatter impedance curve. Perhaps you are still using the Rega Elicit solid state integrated amplifier you mentioned in a post 4 years ago that you were using. Or perhaps you are using some other solid state amplifier. Everything else being equal that would result in the treble region being more emphasized by the unnamed speaker than by the others, perhaps resulting in the presentation being more "irritating" (not "irratating") with many recordings. Perhaps the fact that the speakers were not broken in early in that one year period somehow compensated for that.

I know, there are a lot of "perhaps" in that theory, but given the lack of information that is inevitable.

Theory 2: The mounting screws on some of the drivers have worked loose over time, and the resulting vibrations are what is responsible. Be careful not to overtighten them, however.

Regards,
-- Al
This is ridiculous. The OP asked a simple question with admittedly too little information to provide an informed answer. Fine, ask for additional clarification but trying to show your witty side at the OP's expense is out of bounds. I note that Mc240 has been a member for a while and may be used to seeing this sort of behavior but a new member would not and would most likely be put off by this sort of behavior (and probably not return). I've seen any number of threads berating and/or bemoaning this same type of behavior among the brick and mortar establishments - how's this any different? Do you guys WANT to increase participation in this hobby or not?

Hopefully the OP will return with more information and we'll be able to help them. I can think of several possible explanations. For example, nobody's mentioned changes to the listening room. But then most have been too busy trying to be cute.