Your favorite musical non fatiguing speakers?

I've been auditioning speakers in the $5k to $8k range. I liked some of the Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, and even B&Ws in that range. Maybe it was the setup but in the back of my mind thought all of these could sound exciting but also fatiguing long term. And I'd hate to spend that kind of doe with that being the case.

I'm looking to use a solid state Cary amp and the tubed Cary SLP 05 pre for electronics FWIW.

From other threads I'm hearing Proacs Joseph Audio Aerials Harbeth and others may fit the bill. What are your favorite speakers for musicality and lack of listening fatigue? I'll be traveling to the next state to audition more next week.
larrybou
Daedalus Audio speakers should definitely be considered IMO, although most of their models would only fit within your price range if bought used (and they appear for sale only occasionally).

Regards,
-- Al
I am also an Ohm Walsh owner, (2000) and fully agree with Mapman. I also think the Golden Ear Triton, although below your price range, punches above its price, and meets your requirements. I have yet to hear a speaker from Silverline Audio that I found harsh or fatiguing, although auditioning them can be difficult logistically. My brief auditions of Joseph Audio indicate that they are potentially candidates for you, but Jeff Joseph tends to push the SPLs way too high for me to have made a conclusive judgement. Another brand to audition would be Vienna Acoustics, which I have found pretty musical and smooth up top.
Ohm Walsh huh? I'll look into them. Revel and Golden Ear seem like good candidates too from what I've heard. Agreed about B&W's, I've owned them in the past and should know better.

I liked the Totem Forest signatures but thought they were overpriced at $6K. I'd like to hear the VA's but don't think anyone has them nearby.

If they weren't such an eyesore (or I was single), I'd buy the Maggie 1.7's or 3.7's in a heartbeat. Love the sound especially with the tube Cary preamp I'll be scoring with the insurance settlement.

Sadly beauty just in the ear of the beholder isn't enough for the married man.
Goldenear another good option. I prefer the Aeon monitors to full size Tritons myself at their price points. All use a folded ribbon tweeter that is completely non-fatiguing and most "polite".
Totem is more like Dynaudio to me. Fatigue is possible with some combos, even certain pricey ones. I am a big Totem Mani I fan but like Dynaudio gotta feed them properly. Same with newer element line models I have heard. McIntosh amplification for example was not a slam dunk in terms of having no edge when I auditioned.