Your favorite musical non fatiguing speakers?

I've been auditioning speakers in the $5k to $8k range. I liked some of the Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, and even B&Ws in that range. Maybe it was the setup but in the back of my mind thought all of these could sound exciting but also fatiguing long term. And I'd hate to spend that kind of doe with that being the case.

I'm looking to use a solid state Cary amp and the tubed Cary SLP 05 pre for electronics FWIW.

From other threads I'm hearing Proacs Joseph Audio Aerials Harbeth and others may fit the bill. What are your favorite speakers for musicality and lack of listening fatigue? I'll be traveling to the next state to audition more next week.
larrybou
Wow! Is this true? After all Larry has posted about his speaker search and all the positive words about the Parsifals, it would be nice for the rest of us and those who helped him in this thread if he would give some sort of explanation.
LOL. Ok here's the scoop. After having them a couple weeks the bass really opened up (normally a good thing). Except we live in a townhouse and hitting the magical volume level makes me feel uneasy about bothering our very nice neighbors.

Also there's more cable and electronics purchases ahead to optimize them. My previous speakers were a bit bright so all my cabling was on the dark side. Purist Museaus speaker and IC's. Plus the addition of the Cary tube preamp also darkened things a bit - but overall I LOVE it's sound. Should've gotten into tubes years ago. Even my DAC is a bit darker sounding and needs replacing.

If I just play classical or acoustic I can get by with a decent volume. But put on rock or electronic and the room starts to shake. Also normally a good thing but not the best in our situation.

I was torn between keeping the Parcifals and the added expense of a system makeover while not being able to play them at reference levels and going with smaller, less dynamic speakers more apropos for the smaller room and shared walls.

OTOH after getting heat from my wife about spending the money, she's fighting me now over selling them. She loves the look (which has never been the case with any of my speakers ever) and sound of them. Even my teen sons love how cool and modern they look - and as musicians love the sound as well (especially the bass).

Plus for the stuff I listen to the most it does sound quite addictive at moderate sound levels even with the overly dark supporting equipment. But overall it would probably be easier just to get better matched speakers for the room size and not have to change out all the gear. It's not hard getting smaller brighter speakers. Thinking maybe some Dynaudio monitors.

But I do go back and forth. Even with our elaborate home theater room I seem to be spending all my time listening to music with the Veritys in the house. Being sensible can be painful and conflicting sometimes.
Funny side note. In a neighbors be damned session I was playing "the Specials" enjoying that Ska percussion the Parcifals did a great job with. My wife came downstairs and we started dancing probably for 20 minutes or so. A while later my kids came home and THEY were dancing through several songs.

This was really shocking for my 19 year old tragically hip twin sons but the Veritys (and the specials) can do that to you.
Try turning the speaker bass cabinet so that it faces forward, this should lessen the bass that disturbs the neighbors.

Also, I know what you are talking about, I had to remake my cables after buying the Parsifals. I remember them sounding so great at the dealers, and when I got them home I was surprised that they sounded so dark. I too had been using darker sounding cables. I called the dealer, and he was using silver cables, which I had never cared for the sound of silver before. I bought some silver cables, and surprisingly, the Parsifals sounded like magic again. Thus learning my lesson that all cables can sound right with the right gear.
The problem is the room they're in. To get them far enough from the front wall one of the speakers would have the bass module firing right into the side of a love seat if the woofers were facing forward. This is one reason I thought the rear firing bass module would be a good solution. .

The other solution would be monitors and a sub obviously. Or I could try moving the speakers much closer together and turning the bass forward - but both of those things would limit depth and soundstage as per Verity.

One last option is moving them to the home theater room since they were designed by the builder with extra sound shielding. All the HT speakers are in wall etc. but it's a blacked out room with theater seating no windows etc. not where I want to kick back and listen to music.

I've always lived in large single family homes so these are all constraints I'm tying to adjust to.

Interesting about the silver cables. Which ones are you using?