Your favorite musical non fatiguing speakers?

I've been auditioning speakers in the $5k to $8k range. I liked some of the Dynaudio, Sonus Faber, and even B&Ws in that range. Maybe it was the setup but in the back of my mind thought all of these could sound exciting but also fatiguing long term. And I'd hate to spend that kind of doe with that being the case.

I'm looking to use a solid state Cary amp and the tubed Cary SLP 05 pre for electronics FWIW.

From other threads I'm hearing Proacs Joseph Audio Aerials Harbeth and others may fit the bill. What are your favorite speakers for musicality and lack of listening fatigue? I'll be traveling to the next state to audition more next week.
larrybou
06-16-14: Larrybou
The design and engineering that went into these Veritys is truly impressive. No longer for sale.

Back up for sale as of 6/18. LOL!!
Keep us posted on what you wind up with.
I'd say they're a good deal at that price point and easy to find because he keeps spelling them wrong. I think you should give them a few months but you seem really stressed. What are you going after next?
Mapman, Don't tread on my Bach!

Sorry, but I'm going to respectfully disagree with your thought that Bach had been of a more recent time he would have emulated the Devo style. For that, see Mozart or Handel. In actual fact, JSB continued writing music in the high Baroque style long (25 years) after virtually everyone else had moved on. His own sons considered him an anachronism. He got nothing but grief from the knuckle headed Liepzig clergy and his own family, but he kept right on producing the most divine, sublime music ever conceived at a superhuman rate.

JS Bach knew who he was. He knew what he was doing and why he was doing it, and it had nothing to do with considerations common to normal human beings.

Sorry, but the man who wrote, Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaach, nun its mien Jesu hin, had no Devo.

I agree with you to a point Brownsfan, but all artists are a product of their times. Mapman's posited situation of Bach coming back or existing in our times is an entertaining amusement, but in reality old man Back could only exist in the the time and place he grew up. Should another artist with Bach's combination of religiosity, compositional genius, and personal pugnacity grow up today, they'd have to be influenced by the totality of their philosophical and artistic world and I have little doubt the 21st century Bach would write music that sounded very different. Maybe more like Aarvo Pärt meets Steve Reich than Devo though.