For nearfield listening: which of these towers?

Totem Arro, Vienna Acoustics Bach Grand, Silverline Audio Prelude. Will be using an SS integrated without a sub in a small room. CDs only.
rockadanny
Today my quest took me to Guitar Center of all places, recommended by a few 'philes for my situation (near-field, desktop listening). I think I may have found a solution there: Adam Audio F5 powered monitor speakers. Of all their powered monitors, the Tannoy Reveal 802 and Adam F5 were most attractive (sound-wise) to me. Very different sounding and constructed speakers, I ended up preferring the Adam F5 in the end. I think. The Tannoy might get fatiguing, but not sure yet. I will be going back there for one more listen to compare. I hate to sound prejudiced, but I was shocked I was able to possibly find something I like in a pro sound store. And for so cheap! Now I’d like to hear the F7 as well.
Preludes are unique in the Silverline range of stuff...only one with aluminim/magnesium drivers, etc. They do sound better single wired, and are a great late night speaker...utterly worth it.
I almost pulled the trigger on those Preludes for sale. But, considering I'd also need to get an integrated amp, wires, and if the integrated does not have USB input (laptop is source), I'd also have to get a USD DAC. Too much gear, too much money. Especially if compared to this setup: laptop -> Halide USB HD DAC (small, no power cord, wires included) -> active monitors. Clean, simple, least gear. BUT, I will only do this if it sounds good. if not, I'l lhave to fall back on something like the Preludes or Ascend Sierra-1s in std 2-channel setup.

Back today to listen to active moitors again to make final decision: which one, or none.
Concern about the Halide - locked into only one type input: USB. Wonder if something like the Schiit Bifrost Uber might be a better option. Certainly more types of inputs, but is sound quality up to par with Halide?