Anyone know anything about new VPI Classic 3 arm?

Was checking something out on the VPI web site and noticed that the Classic 3 uni-pivot arm looks different. The tone arm tube looks like it's made of black plastic. Does anyone know anything about this apparent mod? Springreen ... you there?? You know anything about this change?
bifwynne
Hi all....been on vacation...Took a sailing ship to Costa Rica and through the Panama Canal....anyway....yup its shrink wrap. Does eliminate some ringing, which may in some cases can do away with or reduce damping at the pivot. Damping seems to slow down the sound...even make it "tubby" if too much is used. It can be useful though ...2 drops of fluid or thereabout. The Discovery wire to MY ears is better than the Valhalla (and less expensive)...but I suppose it can be useful in an otherwise rather dull sounding system. ...the highs seem more extended, but the Discovery has a better midrange. The 3D printed arm is (to these ears) better than the Classic/10.5 series arms.
Thank goodness your back String .... Hope you had a great vacation. Did you see Nanutac on his sailboat yacht?? No joke.

So ... is it worth obsessing about, i.e., dreying (yiddish for bugging) Jack's or Mike's kupft (yiddish for head) about doing an exchange? I have a Classic 3 stainless steel tone arm and base. I'm not unhappy with the Valhalla silver wire, and I don't use damping fluid. I'm interested because the black strinkwrap tube looks "bad" (in a Michael Jackson way)

Btw, everyone is entitled to take a little vacation time. But that doesn't mean you can disappear, espcially when these types of issues come up. In the future, please leave a forwarding e mail or phone number. :)

Welcome back. You have no idea what the East Coast has been like. We're in the Vortex.
P.S. -- Stringreen -- take a look at my thread on Andy Kim, a retipper. You may find the comments of interest, especially those from Dougdeacon about the Lyra Kleos. I know you have and like the Benz LP S, but at some point, you may want to road test the Kleos.
Buconero, would you not consider the change in bearing to the inverted bearing a real improvement? Or is this a cost savings? How about the redesigned plinth of the classic, that is certainly different than the HW-19.

I'm not disputing what you say, I'm just curious. I have an HW19 and have been somewhat surprised by the lack of support. But that is another topic. In another thread, we find a VPI spokesperson saying contradictory things about the platter on the classic.

I wonder.