New $35K pivoting tonearm

Vertere Audio is Touraj Moghaddam cofounder of Roksan.

It has some interesting features including aligning the pivots to the offset angle rather than the arm tube, and bearings that don't rotate, made out of polymer-metal laminate film. Has 240mm effective length.
www.vertereacoustics.com/news

Click on the PDF link near the top.

This came up on Audio Circle and somebody said it sounds good. I certainly hope so. Anybody else?
Regards,
fleib
The only kind of bearing that works like that, and does not change the geometry, when flexed, are Flex Pivot bearings. Why they don't just come out and say that is what they are using, I don't know. Probably don't want anyone else to catch on. They seem to be an ideal bearing for a tonearm though. Here is a link to a company that makes Flex Pivot bearings, to give you an idea of how they work. http://www.flexpivots.com/

If they are not Flex Pivot bearings then I don't understand how they could accomplish what they say they do, without some bad consequences. For instance, if you flex a spring, side to side, or up and down, it will bend not pivot. When it bends it will follow a more severe arc than a point that pivots. That would be bad thing.

Thanks, Sarcher30, for the info. I saw a DIY arm uses flex bearings before. Good to know!

_______
The AMG uses a spring for vertical motion. i'm sure that is what makes it sound different. Is the diff better or worse, don't know, have not heard it.
Agree with Syntax that the primary function of this arm's price is to attract attention... which we are providing. ;-)

Disagree on the viability of wood as an armwand material, and windy hyperbole will not blow it out of the room.

Energy transfer is not the only way to stop stray mechanical noise from reaching (or reflecting back to) the cartridge. Energy absorption can also be effective, particularly at higher frequencies. The chaotic, cellular structure of wood, especially dense hardwood, provides millions of boundary transitions that scatter and randomize HF energies, preventing the buildup of resonance patterns. These energies are also attenuated as molecular level vibrations are converted to heat. In this application, wood can be a usefully lossy medium.

The Durand armwands have a lower sound floor than any metal armwand I've heard, especially in the musical harmonics region. I believe their wood armwands contribute to this.

As usual, there's more than one way to skin an audio cat... it's all in the implementation.

Agree with Doug; I think it's the non-regular structure of a good hardwood that benefits a wood arm wand vs a metal one, for dissipating energy. But this thread is not about wood tonearms; sorry. Love my Reed. Have really liked a Talea in my friend's system.