Anyone try the replica B-60 Fidelity Research VTA?

My sammle moved not only up an down but also sidewards.
The reason as far as I can judge is the pin on the screw
which connect the inner and the outer collar. The inner collar
slides along this pin up and down but if there is
any play between this pin and the notch of the inner collar
the tonearm will move also sidewards. This means that the
'replica' is not as 'exact' as claimed by the producer.
I assume that this screw is better made by the orginal B-60 .
128x128nandric
Dear Lew, No need to worry about 'my' thread. It will be
valued according to the number of the contributions made
and not according to the subject matter in which individul
contributors are interested. Like Henry Dover want to
show that his country does not belong to the developing
kind. One can get the best caps and resitors (even )in
New Zealand is the massage.
Nandric,
Not to forget we have holy water down here as well. Australia is not far behind but has yet to discover the veracity of the LOMC !

Lewm - Correction - in last post Duellunds = Vcaps(copper). Duellunds wont fit in the M7.
Duelands won't fit into my budget, let alone into my chassis'. Although I am a stickler for parts quality myself, where "affordable" (everyone has a different definition), my experience tells me that tweaks to the circuit itself (such as what you did to your 7C) are far more efficacious than parts swapping.
Dear Nandric: You are the first person who has ever requested that I give them a heart attack (grin).

>some old-fashioned machinist still swear by the old lathes and categorically claim that the talent of the machinist is more imortant then the used kind of lathe (grin).

I fully agree about the talent of the machinist, but I think that we can agree that superior equipment will enable even experienced machinists to do more precise and consistent work.

The person machining the Ikeda Sound IT-VTA-06 is the same person who machines all of the components for the Ikeda tonearms, and FWIW, the Lyra cartridges. He has over 35 years of experience in machining medical / surgical components where any lack of precision is unacceptable. He is not cheap (as you can see by the prices that his work commands), but his quality is truly excellent.

kind regards, jonathan
Dear Lew:

We are talking about low impedance MC cartridges, right?

>The load resistor might affect frequency response but not gain.

If so, wouldn't the MC cartridge frequency curves published in various magazines be non-comparable and essentially meaningless unless there was an industry-standard load resistor value that all magazines adhered to?

kind regards, jonathan