Anyone try the replica B-60 Fidelity Research VTA?

My sammle moved not only up an down but also sidewards.
The reason as far as I can judge is the pin on the screw
which connect the inner and the outer collar. The inner collar
slides along this pin up and down but if there is
any play between this pin and the notch of the inner collar
the tonearm will move also sidewards. This means that the
'replica' is not as 'exact' as claimed by the producer.
I assume that this screw is better made by the orginal B-60 .
128x128nandric
2 meters + ~ 6 feet, 6 inches. Now I translated it to the British/American language, I am impressed too, if this is Syntax's actual height. Let's see: the only major areas of disagreement between me and Syntax is he dislikes Koetsu and all MM cartridges, and I like my Koetsu Urushi (no opinion on stone-bodied, Rosewood, etc) and several MM cartridges. BUT we both like ZYX and FR tonearms. I will have to post more about the latter products, I guess. On the other hand, Syntax is not going to knock on my door without first expending a great deal of travel time.

As Thuchan likes to say, "all in fun". (However, it seems Thuchan was offended last time I questioned something he wrote, even though it was all in fun.)
Dear Lew, There is this common belief that 'big guys' are
friendly and soft because they don't need to fear anyone.
I see that you are more convinced by economical reasons.
My belief however is based on mutual friends. Aka 'the
German group' with Dertonarm as our leader.
Regarding Thuchan I don't believe that he could be offended
by the most eloquent person in our forum. His problem
is/was those moderators. They are the reason why he left the forum.
Dear Lou:

IMHO, analog audio today is saddled by more than a few unjustified myths and misbeliefs. These unfounded beliefs are fettering the progess that audio engineers are able to make, and are also preventing audiophiles from extracting the full performance potential of the components that they pay good money for.

AFAICS, MC cartridge loading is one of the problematic areas. Allowing the old myths to continue unchallenged causes audiophiles to wrongly evaluate the cartridges that they listen to, in addition to holding back progress in phono stage design.

Dispelling the unfounded beliefs by provoking understanding of the fundamental mechanisms and issues will hopefully allow both audiophiles and audio design engineers to take some good steps forward.

BTW, that's a roundabout way of saying that I apologize - it was never my intent to beat up on you.

kind regards, jonathan
JCarr,
Not to worry. When I am corrected or my views are "modified" by an unimpeachable source, such as yourself, I take it as a learning experience. Furthermore, I am all for dispelling BS that prevails in this hobby.
Hi all, I got the new (bronze) screw from Tien the seller of
the B-60 replica. My assumption that this screw caused
my problem was right. No 'sideway' movement of the collar
of my FR-64 anymore. So I am glad to be able to recommend
the replica. For the price of $450 there is no contest and
I think that each owner of the FR 64/66 tonearms should
own one. Like Lew I think that this VTA adjuster is indispensable.

Regards,