Opinions Wanted on changing Turntable

I have one of the first generation of the Scout turntable. It's at least 10 years old. I am using it with a ZU/Denon moving coil cartridge and a Denon AU 320 SUT. My turntable also has the first generation of the JMW arm. I am thinking of buying a brand new Scout 2 fitted with and expertly set up with a Dynavector DV20XH High output moving coil.

I am definitely set on the choice of turntable and cartridge and my reason for keeping in the Scout line is because I have a very expensive Mapleshade platform that the Scout just fits on. I don't want the hassle of buying and waiting for another platform.

So, with all this being said, do you think it is an upgrade or lateral move? On the plus side, I will have a new turntable, properly set up with a cartridge I know mates well with the JMW arm and the sound which is great for my taste in music. I also like the idea of the aluminum platter and I already have the stainless clamp.

On the minus side, it's about 3,300.00 and will I be getting 3,300.00 in better sound that I have now? So, purchase or not?
128x128stereo5
If I upgrade my turntable, it will be by VPI. I have no desire to change brands of turntable. No offense to the Well Tempered owners, but their turntables are much too delicate for my home. I never cared for the sound of them and they look cheaply made. That's just my opinion and I don't understand why the discussion has turned to the Well Tempered when my post specifically states "I am definitely set on the choice of turntable and cartridge".
"Oh by the way, Bose sells many thousands of speakers more than Vandersteen, so what's your point???"

Since when does Bose make speakers?
I owned one of the early VPI Scout turntables and I was very disappointed in the quality of the table/arm combination. I went to the Basis 2001 and I could not believe the difference. Maybe I just got a lemon, with the Scout, but in my opinion there were too many short-comings for a high end TT.
I would instead upgrade cartridge first on the current set up and then see/hear the results. Small steps.
IMHO ,you better get the Classic 1 ,better table,more stable than scout ,better tracker etc .