FYI: VPI HW-19 motors

Hi

Don't know if it's old news or not...

If anybody needs an older VPI HW-19 motor, they are available directly from the manufacturer, Hurst Motors, in Indiana.
markshvarts
thanks mofi any sources would be appreciated. my email is bwhitlock56@gmail.com if you have any advice.

Bob
Agree wholeheartedly with the Sims Navcom Silencers. I kept the lower
aluminum band on and then threaded them onto the studs I screwed into the
stock spring perches. Sounds far better than either the springs or the
sorbothane!
I wish I could find the Sims Navcom Silencer you reference. I think it would help but seems like they no longer manufacture them.
Bob...yes, sorry the SIMS Navcom Silencers are long gone, but they do show up on here every so often. Keep an eye out.

You could also do a "wanted" ad for them. I'm sure there are some people who have them and haven't used them in years and probably have forgotten about them

They really weren't designed for the VPI HW-19 tables in mind as suspension pucks but work wonders.
Mofi--John from Audiogon--not sure of his username--has pointed me to an ad for a VPI TNT Mk5 Platter and Mk5 Stainless Steel bearing/spindle. I believe it will fit my HW19 II and he suggests it as a major upgrade. I'd be interested in your opinion. I've emailed VPI and asked them:

1) Will it fit?
2) Will it be a worthwhile upgrade?
3) Will it require a new or different belt?
4) Will the increased platter height be an issue with my SME IV arm?
5) Will I need to do anything with the suspension (I have original springs)
6) Can they suggest a worthwhile suspension upgrade?

You've suggested the Navcom silencers and I'll looking for those. Do you have any comment about Herbie's products?

Thanks in advance for your opinions. I can also be emailed at bwhitlock56@gmail.com.

Bob