Silver cables or copper?Any opinons.

I listen to jazz rock the blues.
g11657
G11657,
I'm sure you know that there's a multitude of variables involved and answers will cover the full spectrum. Based on my experiences so far I prefer solid core silver over copper cables I've heard. I hear superior tone,transparency and overall naturalness,just better sounding, My 2 cents contribution.
Charles,
The most complete sound I have found has been silver plated copper (interconnect and speaker cable) and this has been also confirmed with several philes- friends in their systems. Many variables though can affect the sound however. Design/configuration, size/awg, termination quality, and termination choice....can't evaluate a silver copper wire if you are using gold spades...gold uses a substrate of nickel to aid adhesion and bonding. Resonance, capacitance, inductance, resistance are factors independent of material selection. Without an understanding of those properties,it is difficult to know if you are only hearing your material. PT
It is really very simple.
Silver cables are very clean, bright, detailed and tend to be on the analytic side of the spectrum. I find that very useful in certain parts of my system. Copper presents to present a richer lush full and importantly a warmer sound. That to is very nice in certain circumstances. I have also had a number of alloy wires, but can't or don't want to attempt describing the resultant tone.
I never had gold but except for some plated jacks etc. I would like to try it someday but the cost of some of these less expensive metals is prohibitive on occasion.
I do favor the Ohno single crystal cast copper which sound quicker and more neutral to me.
I wonder what a decent gauge wire of equal parts pre silver, copper and gold would sound like/ I will have to hit the lottery for that one.
Just to show how impressions and listening experiences differ, Mechans describes the silver character to include bright and analytical. Brands can be very different as well as system interaction factor. I use solid core pure silver IC and SC (Oellia Reference). These are very transparent, high resolution and exceptionally clear. Yet they provide a rich tonality with warmth, harmonic color and full body density. There isn't a trace of brightness,edge or analytical presentation. They are the most organic cable I've ever owned so far. I do not doubt at all that "some" examples of silver cables have a bright,lean and/ or analytical sound.
Charles,
A properly designed and run-in silver cable does not sound bright. The wire gets a bad rap.