Entreq ground conditioners - what's the theory?

Entreq and other products boast conditioning the ground to help improve the sound. Being completely clueless about anything electrical, I am very curious what the theory is behind this product and technically how it can improve the quality of the power and thus the music. I am not looking to argue if these products do as they advertise. I just want to learn more about the idea.
128x128tboooe
I've been using Entreq for a couple of months now, put me down as a total convert. I'm not a tecchie, so my explanation may be off. Don't shoot me.
From what I gather, components are producing copious amounts of RF/EMI. The earth of each component is expected to deal with this, but if the earth to the whole system is not substantial enough or components are not sufficiently grounded to drain to earth, this deleterious energy will remain in the system and be heard as a colouration.
From what I gather, the Entreq Silver Tellus/Apollo i/cs provide an unadulterated and unimpeded conduit for theis RF/EMI to drain totally away from the component/system and be disposed of away from the system.
Discharging these unwanted energies away results in a stabilising of the soundstage, and removing major veils that had been obscuring true transparency.
Spirit...I wonder how much my Shunyata Triton and Typhon are already contributing here? Maybe I won't experience as much benefit? Not sure if any Shunyata users have tried these grounding boxes...
J, I think you're comparing apples with oranges here. The Shunyata stuff is more down the line of conditioning/filtering ie the system is fed from the Shunyata boxes, whereas the Entreq grounding works in parallel with the system, ie it's not in the signal path, and works alongside, in my case, 4kVA balanced power.
For my part, after the dramatic improvements wrought eliminating my Burmester conditioner and installing balanced/grounding solutions, I'll never go down the conditioning/filtering route again.
I contacted Entreq and unfortunately they do not have a US distributor but they are offering a money back guarantee. I am going to have to give this a try. I will report back.
The Entreq appears to be a sink for stray voltage that is floating around on your component’s chassis and ground planes .. it might be using magnets or ceramics to provide a low impedance sink and path way for this stray voltage on the chassis to migrate to as it may be of lower impedance than the ground rod lies at ... ideally you would like your ground rod to be at 5 ohms or less but they can trend as high as 25 ohms of resistance

Generally the dryer the soil the higher the impedance (resistance) .. Texas, Arizona, and Nevada would come to mind ...

The higher the water table and moister content of the soil ... the lower the impedance due to better conduction in the moist soil

You can have a licensed electrician come out and preform a “Soil Resistivity” test to determine the impedance of the ground system

Voltage/Noise couples to the chassis and it’s ground planes and if the impedance at the ground rod is high enough the stray voltage will see the Entreq’s lower impedance and migrate down that path way

Electrical current has no loyalty ... it’s not very monogamous ... and will always travel down the path of least resistance as opposed to going where we intended it to travel

I see two factors which can contribute to the effectiveness of the Entreq and why some have success and others don’t

First is the impedance that your ground rod lies at .....

If it is equal to or lower than the Entreq sink impedance ... the stray voltage may see the ground rod as the lower impedance and migrate to it .. in which case the Enteq would seem relatively ineffective providing little to no improvement

How ever if the ground rod has a very high impedance due to dry conditions then the stray voltage will see the Entreq as the lower impedance and migrate to it ... in this case the Entreq will provide an audible improvement by lowering the noise floor

But wait a minute the ground wire is the third wire safety which is only there to provide a low impedance pathway for a fault (dead short) to travel on until the breaker trips ... it does not lie in the signal path nor is there any musical content on it ... Hmmm ???

It’s seems our equipment have two ground planes in them .. one is the Safety Ground for our protection and has nothing to do with the musical content and the other is the Signal Ground plane which I don’t believe is really a ground plane but the return leg for the audio signal

The return leg needs to be referenced to Zero volts so they tie the Signal Ground to the Equipment Safety ground for referencing assuming the safety ground was at Zero volts ... unfortunately it’s not and there is stray voltage on it and the metal chassis and because they reference or tie the signal return/ground plane to the Safety ground the stray voltage on the safety wire will loop back into the signal return/ground plane adding noise to the original signal ... besides not being loyal or monogamous electricity travels in loops and this is how the voltage (noise) travelling on the chassis and ground plane loops back into the signal and is presented as noise

By providing an alternate lower impedance pathway ... the stray voltage migrates to the Entreq instead of looping and coupling into the signal return/ground plan ... less stray voltage on the signal means lower noise floor

But wait ... there is a hitch .. some equipment have separate dedicated pathways for the Ground Safety circuit and the Signal Return/Ground plane circuit ... they are not connected or tied together so there is no way to for the stray voltage (noise) to migrate into the signal as noise riding on the line .. here the Entreq would have no effect as there is no connection between the Stray voltage floating on the chassis and ground planes and the Signal Return/ground plane

If your component has a separate Signal and Safety Ground plane .. like my Ayre does .. the Entreq will not help as the stray voltage can’t loop or migrate into the signal plane ... if your component has both planes tied together for reference then the Entreq can help

If your ground rod lies at a high impedance then the Entreq can help

So if your signal and ground plane are tied and your ground rod has high impedance this is where the Entreq brings the most improvement .. other combination become less effective

This may account for the mixed reviews and all the .. it does vs It doesn't .. because it will and it won’t .. ;-)