Asynchronous USB DAC and USB cable quality

I have converted to PC audio about 2 years ago and enjoying the hobby. I recently upgraded my DAC from a Benchmark DAC1 HDR to a DAC2 HGC mainly to download DSD files. I am now using a 'regular' Belden USB printer cable purchased at Office Depot which sounds great. I have performed A/B comparison between Toslink fiber input and USB input using well recorded Red Book files and could not hear any differences, which I kind of expected.

The reasoning behind this was that whatever jitter is generated by the PC/USB/Toslink cable is re-clocked by the Benchmark DAC which uses asynchronous clocking. However, would I gain anything sonically by purchasing an audio grade USB cable like a Furutech GT2-USB cable? I would need about 10 feet and do not want to pay a load of money (if any benefits). The Furutech would cost about $235 for that length.
128x128dasign
Doggiehowser,

Thanks for your reply. Agreed that room acoustics is an oversigth by many audiophiles but already have this covered.

Coming back to the USB cable issue, I'm not worried that much by jitter, but stuff like EMI, quality of mechanical contact, cable impedance mismatch/reflections between PC and DAC,etc. Being curious about this subject, I may bite the bullet and purchase the Furutech USB cable. Worse comes to worse, I may not hear any difference but will be secured by the fact that Furutech builds top notch cables/connectors.
I just ordered the Furutech GT2 Pro USB cable from PartsConnexion and should get it next week. I will keep you posted on my listening sessions.

My gut feeling is that there will be no changes in audio quality, but will have a better quality build than my printer cable. The Furutech should be immune to RFI and EMI which is all good to me. If I get better sound, it will be a bonus :-)
What is the connection between EMI / RFI and the digital signal in the USB cable? You have already said that you couldn't hear a difference between Toslink and your printer USB cable. Can we all agree that EMI / RFI have no effect on the optical Toslink connection.
Mceljo,

I was referring to potential EMI/RFI interference on the 12ft. USB cable. The printer USB cable construction quality is far behind the Furutech cable design.