Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Jmcgrogan2
thinking of me I feel very touched indeed ..not as touched in the head as you.But touched indeed.
French_fries

What u heard may and may not count unless this was all done using blind test method..knowing which cable I which just doesn't cut it...so what was it sighted or blind...
My intent was not to stir up shite.
I honestly can't hear a difference between Mega cable and a good old generic.
Where I did see a difference was between balanced and RCA
If you have a mega dollar system, by all means better cables can make a difference although I never heard a huge difference myself, there is a difference. That said,
butting the high dollar cable money into the equipment will get you a bigger bang for the buck.

Putting a system together that sounds good takes time and effort in your price range. Any system done right will get good sound. Your room also plays a part in it.

No hype, no sarcasm, just facts..
This debate is hilarous! I have been in this bussiness for 25 years! even the wife of 2 years who knows nothing of cables watched a test to educate her with quality cables versus .50 i/c 1.00 afoot speaker cable and taking all the price points up from there to $24,000.00 8ft speaker cables and $16,000.00 I/C 1-meter, needless to say she learned alot,she is a beginner at that!outcome,a good brand of cables are the most important part of a system bar none!,,such as TaraLabs,purist audio,nordost,lessloss,kimber cables,k.s.elations,transparent cables,It really depends on your tast!,for instance, A person may like a ferrari and another a laborginni, they both are good,but one performs to what the buyer is looking for!