Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
I sold MIT cables and I owned the most expensive Powercables. The problem of MIT is that they can give a wide and deep stage. But the individual focus of instruments and voices is not sharp as in real. Avalon users are told thay they should use MIT. How stuppid can you be? This is only based on personal interests. Avalon you need cables who can give a very sharp individual focus. I recently sold a Avalon Oak to a client/friend with Avalon speakers. It was superior to the e 5000,0 MIT cable in every aspect. Now he has the sharpest individual focys I ever heard from an Avalon speaker. The boxes MIT uses give you less mid freq. The Oak was superior in the mid freq. So much more musical and richer mid freq. People want you to believe that you should use a brand they say. F.....'m. I can promiss you one thing: YOU WILL NOT GET THE BEST CABLE FOR THE MONEY YOU SPEND.
Just a matter of personal taste. The last thing I need is any sharper focus with Avalon Eidolons and I currently own two pairs.
They focus, they pinpoint, but they get lean with many cables so avalon recommends fuzzier sounding stuff like Cardas to soften things up. Not sure about them recommending MIT still as the MIT stuff was for Ascent and Radian 2C3D systems.
Make no mistake I like audioquest stuff.
The latest Audioquest cables are from a new level what I never heard from any cable brand. I tested hundreds of cables in 15 years of time. Blacks are by far the best ever from a cable. It is the most intimate sound what I heard in my life. First time that I had the same feeling as the classical concerts at my friends house. Here I learned how direct and small instruments and voices sound in real. Believe me Avalon has not an exteme sharp individual focus. People who own Avalon understand and agree wenn they listend to my set that the touchable 3d image is superior to there Avalon speakers. The Redwood 2013 version which I use is pure silver and copper. The low's are full copper and mid/hig freq is pure silver. All my interconnects are full silver. Pure silver is so much more open and live like than any copper cable. The best silver cables have no harshness in the mid and hig freq. This Redwood is also superior in timing and speed to the Valhalla of Nordost which I used and owned for over 12 years.
Bo1972 can you remind me what your speakers are?
I believe certain cables match with certain speakers.
My experience tells me high efficiency speakers are not as picky about cables vs current hogs.
I do have all-silver speaker cables in my collection, they work well with my Focals. Not so with the Eidolons.
El Cheapo Canare 411s for some wicked reason works best with my Quad 989s which have since been sold. Beats Cardas Golden Cross and Tara Reference and Master Gen2.
I wouldn't dismiss the benefits of speaker cables with those mystery boxes which I believe is just a choke in series plus a small shunting cap which kills off HF noise and makes the sound more tame. All depends on the setup and the listener's taste.