Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Go A head Bo1972, Do not let everyone think I am crazy for getting a $5,000.00 a/c power cord!, tell them what your Purist Audio Design Limited edition power cord cost!!!, I believe it cost more than mine!!!, give them the u.s.d. price, or they can find out on their own!!LOL!, I my self am not about what something cost!, Its about Quality as you said!, This power cable has it in spades!,, cheers!
The Tara Labs Cobalt AC cord listed here last week for $1,900 w/upgraded plugs was quite a steal imo. Been eyeing that too for my brother's use, but gone now.
Very well said Noromance. $5000 can buy one a very competent sounding system for a whole 'nother "flavor".
@ Johnsonwu, Hi, I hate the high prices of top performing cables!, I believe they, like most top componets are marked up atleast 500%!!!, Do not let Bo1972 fool all of you here!, He bought the p.a.d. 25th anniversary limited edition power cable that cost as much as my power cable, If I am not mistaken,I believe it retails for even more!, I wanted to go thru the wow factor with this a/c power cord, in the past, I did not have good luck with power cords, that was back in the 90s!, I only rented alot of them from the cable company back then, I am litteraly going from a stock power cord on an ayon 2s to the Taralabs cobalt power cord!, I have never owned a after market power cord in my life!, so, I hope you guys wish me the best on being satiesfied with this addition to my system!,,, @ Bvdiman, Hi, I enjoy saving money as well as the next person!, The Taralabs cobalt power cord list for $5,450.00 for the up-graded oyaide terminations!, you seen the cobalt classified!, Guess what!, I bought from the very same seller!, But the blessing of it all is that I did get the up-graded terminations, but I bought a 1-meter Taralabs cobalt for a $1,000.00 free shipping, no pay-pal fees!!!!, Now, I do not know about you, but to have the $5,450.00 sound on my digital player, The audiophile disease got the best of me!, I have waited a very, very long time to get this a/c power cable, the buy was a deal in of life time!!!, now do all of you think I am crazy?, LOL!, maybe like a fox!!!, cheers!
Hi, I am building a so called super system, for what my family makes for money a year, It will be for us, now to clear my name even further of being crazy!, I also own the matching interconnect to the cobalt power cord, the Taralabs Zero Gold that retails for a whoping $14,950.00 before taxes a meter!, I bought my Taralabs zero gold for $5,665.00 free shipping-no pay-pal fees for that as well!, As you can see here on the audiogon, this interconnect is selling right now on the gon for $8,000.00 and $8,200.00,, LOL!, this should do it!, This should clear my name of being crazy!, I have been blessed by God himself of these deals of a life time!, and I am very thankful to God!, you should hear this system!, It is off the chain real sounding!,, cheers, and Happy listening!